1. Complete your questionnaire and bring it with you. The technologist will review with you.
2. Bring your insurance card. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Frisco will be contacting you to make payment arrangements for all insurance deductibles and co-pays due before your sleep study.
3. Bring a list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications you are currently taking. You may bring any sleeping pills you usually take. Do not take sleep aides before arriving at the sleep lab.
4. Do not consume any alcohol or caffeinated beverages afternoon.
5. It is imperative you bring your photo ID to verify your identity according to federal regulations.
6. Bring loose and comfortable pajamas to allow for the equipment set-up and sleeping.
7. Wash your face and hair to remove makeup oils and styling products, and make sure your hair is completely dry before you arrive for your sleep study.
8. Bring any sleeping equipment or devices you usually sleep with, such as a mouth guard, dental appliances, neck pillow, etc.
What to expect:
1. This is a painless evaluation. Small sensors will be placed on your face, neck, and legs.
2. You will meet with your technologist to discuss the procedure, answer any of your questions, and review your enclosed sleep questionnaire and diary.
3. Your technologist may be male or female. If you have any questions, please call us at (972) 473-2333.
4. Please feel free to bring someone to accompany you during your set-up in preparation for your sleep study. Any guests must leave once the technologist begins the study.
5. You will sleep in a private bedroom. Pillows are provided, but feel free to bring your own if you have a preference.
6. We need at least 6.5 hours of your time to complete the study.
7. If you would like to tour the lab ahead of time, please contact us to schedule a tour at least one week before your study.
8. Allow seven to nine business days for your physician to receive your sleep study results.
If you have any special needs or requirements or are unable to get in and out of bed or walk without assistance, please notify us immediately so we may be appropriately staffed to assist you.
If you have any questions regarding your study or need directions, please do not hesitate to call us at (972) 473-2333, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.