Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Frisco is a Center of Excellence for Hip and Knee Replacement as designated by the Joint Commission.
All patients of the Joint Replacement Center are encouraged to attend our comprehensive Passport to Mobility preoperative class. Patients will learn what to expect before, during and after their visit, meet other joint replacement patients, and receive a useful handbook for reference afterward.
Our Passport to Mobility class will cover:
• Preparing for surgery
• The role of the caregiver
• How to prepare for discharge ahead of time
• Equipment needed after surgery
• What to expect while in the hospital
• Daily hospital routine after surgery
• Pain management techniques
• The role of physical therapy in the recovery process
• Post-hospital care
• Preventing post operative complications
• Signs and symptoms of complications
• What to do if you experience symptoms
• Discharge planning
• Question and answer session
A physical therapist will be in attendance to demonstrate getting in and out of bed along with pre-op and post–op exercises.
Classes are held on the second Tuesday of every month from 6-7:30 p.m., and on the fourth Tuesday of every month from 1-2:30 p.m., at:
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Frisco
5601 Warren Parkway
Frisco, Texas 75034
For more information, or to register for the class, please contact one of our Joint Replacement Center Nurses at 214. 407.5054.
Click here for a list of total joint replacement physicians on staff at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Frisco or call 1.800.4BAYLOR for a physician near you.