When arthritis damages knee or hip joints, causing chronic pain and limiting daily function, joint replacement can restore people to active, functional and fulfilling lives. After rehabilitation, most patients are able to return to the activities they enjoyed before their joints became so painful.
The Joint Replacement Center is designated as a Center of Excellence for Hip and Knee Replacement by the Joint Commission.
It is designed to provide comprehensive care for patients who undergo joint replacement. Our patient-centered and compassionate approach can help you return to normal, active living. At Baylor Scott & White Health, we are Changing Orthopedic Care for Life.
Our program features:
• All private rooms
• Care delivered by a dedicated staff specially trained to work with joint replacement patients
• Area dedicated specifically for patients having joint replacement surgery
• A family member or friend can be your designated coach to help speed your recovery and assist with therapy
• Back in casual clothes soon after surgery
• A comprehensive pre-operative workshop
• Coordinated care after discharge
• Consultation with our joint replacement coordinator who will visit with you and facilitate your care
• The orthopedic surgeons on the medical staff at Baylor Frisco use advanced joint replacement materials and prostheses, and have a long track record of quality results.
A joint replacement can provide many years of improved functioning. Multi-center trial studies with thousands of patients show excellent long-term benefits from joint replacement.
In patients 55 and older who have had a total knee replacement, 93 percent still have good function 20 years later. For total hip replacements, 95 percent are still functioning well after 20 years.
Here from some of our patients in their own words.
Click here for a list of total joint replacement physicians on staff at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Frisco or call 1.800.4BAYLOR for a physician referral.
Passport to Mobility Joint Replacement Education
Whether you are considering joint replacement, or are already scheduled for one, the Joint Replacement Center at Baylor Frisco’s Passport to Mobility program offers classes to help you learn more about your treatment options and post-operative care.