Passport to Mobility – Total Joint Replacement Education
Passport to Mobility
All patients of the Joint Replacement Center are encouraged to attend our comprehensive Passport to Mobility preoperative class. Patients will learn what to expect before, during, and after their visit, meet other joint replacement patients, and receive a useful handbook for reference afterward.
Our Passport to Mobility class will cover:
• Preparing for surgery
• The role of the caregiver
• How to prepare for discharge ahead of time
• Equipment needed after surgery
• What to expect while in the hospital
• Daily hospital routine after surgery
• Pain management techniques
• The role of physical therapy in the recovery process
• Post-hospital care
• Preventing postoperative complications
• Signs and symptoms of complications
• What to do if you experience symptoms
• Discharge planning
• Question and answer session
In-person classes are canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
This class is a must for any patient undergoing joint replacement surgery. Topics include preparing for surgery, what to expect while in the hospital, preventing postoperative complications, signs, and symptoms of complications, what to do if you experience symptoms, discharge planning, and more. A physical therapist will be in attendance to demonstrate getting in and out of bed along with pre-op and postoperative exercises
This series of Joint Wellness Videos are available as a resource about the entire joint replacement process.