WHERE TO GO: Please park in the front parking lot of the main Hospital entrance. Enter the main entrance and a hospital staff member or security guard will escort you to the Sleep Center. COVID-19 NOTICE:
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, additional safety precautions are in place. A Covid-19 nasal swab is required to be completed 72 hours prior to your scheduled sleep testing appointment. Drive-thru service is located on the BaylorScott&White Medical Center – Frisco campus outside the Emergency Department entrance between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. You will remain in your car for the nasal swab. The night of your study, the hospital will conduct a verbal Covid-19 screening and take your temperature at the hospital entrance. We ask that you wear a cloth mask or level 1 surgical mask to your appointment. You will be allowed to take off your mask when the sleep study begins. Failure to complete the CoVID-19 swab will result in canceled sleep testing appointment.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR SLEEP STUDY:
1. Please be sure to have completed the enclosed questionnaire and bring it with you.
2. Please bring your insurance card.
3. Please bring a list of all your prescription and over-the-counter medications you currently are taking. Take any regular nighttime medicine prior to coming to your appointment; exemption is any prescribed sleep aide. Sleep aides must be approved by the referring physician and brought to the sleep center in a prescription bottle and taken at the sleep lab. Sleep aides must be taken no later than 11:30 pm on the night of your study.
4. Do not consume any alcohol or caffeinated beverages after 12:00 p.m. Also, please avoid napping on the day of the study.
5. It is imperative you bring your photo ID to verify your identity pursuant to federal regulations.
6. Bring loose and comfortable pajamas to allow for the equipment set-up and sleeping.
7. Wash your face and hair to remove make-up oils, and styling products and make sure your hair is completely dry before you arrive for your sleep study. Do not use lotion prior to your sleep study.
8. Bring any sleep equipment or devices you normally sleep with, such as a mouth guard, dental devices, neck pillow, etc.
What to expect:
1. This is a painless evaluation. Small sensors will be placed on your face, neck, and legs.
2. You will meet with your technologist to discuss the procedure, answer any of your questions, and review your enclosed sleep questionnaire and diary.
3. Your technologist may be male or female. If you have any questions, please call us at (972) 473-2333.
4. Please feel free to bring someone to accompany you during your set-up in preparation for your sleep study. Any guests must leave once the technologist begins the study.
5. You will sleep in a private bedroom. Pillows are provided, but feel free to bring your own if you have a preference.
6. We need at least 6.5 hours of your time to complete the study.
7. If you would like to tour the lab ahead of time, please contact us to schedule a tour at least one week before your study.
8. Allow seven to nine business days for your physician to receive your sleep study results.
If you have any special needs or requirements or are unable to get in and out of bed or walk without assistance, please notify us immediately so we may be appropriately staffed to assist you.
If you have any questions regarding your study or need directions, please do not hesitate to call us at (972) 473-2333, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.