$20,000 Sign-On Bonus Operating Room (OR) RN FT M-F Days
Surgical Registered Nurse is responsible for the nursing activities related to the patient’s care experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure. The Registered Nurse is a resource person and guides non-licensed personnel. The staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric and pediatric patients from 1 month through adolescence. The attached criteria-based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards related to age-specific competency.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum one year previous OR experience preferred
- Current Texas License as a Registered Nurse
- BLS required
- Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees.
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to operating room nurses.
- Clinically proficient in operating room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient
- Meets all required deadlines. Demonstrates discretionary ability in establishing priority.
- Delivers indirect and direct patient care according to established standards, considering the patient’s age and risk factors.
- Possesses the knowledge and ability to use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the patient’s care.
- Uses nursing judgment in decision-making.
- Acts as patient advocate in meeting their physical and psychological needs.
- Provides care to each patient undergoing surgical interventions in a manner that preserves and protects the patient’s autonomy, dignity, and human rights.
- Identifies the patient and confirms informed consent. Ensures that all required contents of the medical record are present pre-operatively.
- Takes emergency calls as required.
- Understands and practices and ensures sterile technique. Correctly operates sterilizers.
- Integrates and coordinates care across settings and among disciplines.
- Provides guidance and supervision for personnel assigned in the operating room.
- Ability to recognize and intervene in stressful situations.
- Maintains or acquires skills in equipment and machinery necessary to complete required responsibilities.
- Performs duties of the circulating Nurse during surgical procedures. Performs scrub duties if circumstances require.
- Follow policies and procedures for counts.
- Follows policies and procedures for specimens.
- Properly prepares rooms, instruments, and equipment for procedures and assists in cleaning the room after completion of procedures.
- Document all records according to established policies and procedures.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com