Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
Registration Specialist /PRN/ Variable Schedule
Responsibilities include entering and updating patient demographic information, registering patients and processing their paperwork, and collecting upfront amounts due from patients. Escorting paperwork and patients to the preoperative area.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One-year previous experience preferred
- Must have the skills to operate the office equipment required to fulfill job duties.
- Forty-five (45) wpm typing skills are required.
- Medical terminology and computer experience beneficial
- Good communication and people skills are essential.
- Ability to multitask
Greets patients promptly registering for hospital admission and identifies self to patient.
• Obtains patient’s insurance information and explains co-pay and deductibles.
• Collects upfront amounts due from patients.
• Processes registration information courteously and efficiently.
• Distributes and explains hospital information, brochures, and forms.
• Ensures patient signatures are obtained and correct on consent and insurance forms.
• Supports hospital and department policies, department director, and hospital Administration.
• Lends knowledge and assistance to other hospital departments, physician’s offices, and co-workers.
• Works effectively with members of other departments and receives minimal complaints.
• Communicates effectively and expresses ideas clearly; actively listens and always follows appropriate communication channels.
• Provides direction and assistance to patients, family members, and co-workers in a courteous and positive manner. Communicates professionally at all times.
• Knows and adheres to hospital and departmental policies; adapts and cooperates with changes in assignments, procedures, and personnel.
• Maintains skills on equipment necessary to complete required responsibilities. Uses supplies and equipment properly and economically and reports necessary repairs promptly.
• Reflects professionalism in performing duty and knowledge of procedures necessary to produce the desired effect.
• Provides backup for the receptionist and radiology scheduler.
• Utilizes Meditech to register patients to the facility, collect monies and view statistics as necessary
• Notifies supervisor/director of issues promptly.
• As assigned by Patient Access Services Manager.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org