Website Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
Registration Specialist / Full-time / Nights
Responsibilities include entering and updating patient demographic information, registering patients and processing their paperwork, and collecting upfront amounts due from patients. Escorting paperwork and patients to the preoperative area.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One-year previous experience preferred
- Must have the skills to operate the office equipment required to fulfill job duties.
- Forty-five (45) wpm typing skills are required.
- Medical terminology and computer experience beneficial
- Good communication and people skills are essential.
- Ability to multitask
Greets patients promptly registering for hospital admission and identifies self to patient.
• Obtains patient’s insurance information and explains co-pay and deductibles.
• Collects upfront amounts due from patients.
• Processes registration information courteously and efficiently.
• Distributes and explains hospital information, brochures, and forms.
• Ensures patient signatures are obtained and correct on consent and insurance forms.
• Supports hospital and department policies, department director, and hospital Administration.
• Lends knowledge and assistance to other hospital departments, physician’s offices, and co-workers.
• Works effectively with members of other departments and receives minimal complaints.
• Communicates effectively and expresses ideas clearly; actively listens and always follows appropriate communication channels.
• Provides direction and assistance to patients, family members, and co-workers in a courteous and positive manner. Communicates professionally at all times.
• Knows and adheres to hospital and departmental policies; adapts and cooperates with changes in assignments, procedures, and personnel.
• Maintains skills on equipment necessary to complete required responsibilities. Uses supplies and equipment properly and economically and reports necessary repairs promptly.
• Reflects professionalism in performing duty and knowledge of procedures necessary to produce the desired effect.
• Provides backup for the receptionist and radiology scheduler.
• Utilizes Meditech to register patients to the facility, collect monies and view statistics as necessary
• Notifies supervisor/director of issues promptly.
• As assigned by Patient Access Services Manager.