Website Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
Registered Nurse / Post Surgical Unit (PSU) Stepdown RN /Full-time/ 7: 00 am – 7:00 pm
The RN has the responsibility to plan, direct organize, coordinate and implement all nursing care services for the Post-surgical and Medical patients in a manner suitable to accepted standards of care. He / she ensures the highest quality and safe delivery of patient care maintain compliance with professional nursing organizations such as TJC, and all Federal and State standards of care. The RN cares for all ages from 1 year to geriatric. This position is assigned to respond to patients presenting to the facility with a healthcare need, obtaining the Medical Screening Exam as delegated by the Medical Executive Committee.
- Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing
- RN, current in the State of Texas
- Preferred 2 years’ experience as a RN in hospital Med/Surg ICU or Stepdown (PCU) unit
- Telemetry preferred
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS (offered at facility if not currently certified)
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment, utilizing critical thinking skills
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet needs of patients and unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org