Website Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
Hospital Social Worker, PRN, must be available on weekdays
Facilitates progress through the continuum of care, from Pre- Admission through Discharge; Evaluates patients for discharge planning needs and appropriately directs the patient’s care; Monitors resource consumption for most effective use; Provides feedback to payors on patient’s clinical status and secures approvals for additional days of stay; Identifies teaching and psychosocial concerns for the best patient outcome; Functions as Patient Advocate to assist patients in resolving concerns.
- Previous experience in case management/discharge planning preferred; acute care experience preferred; experience with Mother/ Baby preferred
- Current Texas license as RN or Medical Social Work required
- Ability to work independently; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred; willingness to learn computer applications necessary for work functions; ability to adapt to changing situations and various personalities with a positive attitude
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill level necessary to assist the healthcare team in meeting the patient’s discharge planning needs.
- Serves as a liaison with community agencies, organizations, or groups to promote services and opportunities for the health care consumer as delegated.
- Effectively interviews patients and families and assesses psychosocial status, relationships, and post-hospital care needs when indicated.
- Identifies patient and family problem areas and develops an appropriate treatment plan.
- Participates in discharge planning rounds by providing relevant information and collaborating with the treatment team regarding psychological adjustment and continuity of care needs or concerns as requested.
- Identifies patient’s and family learning needs and implements education, properly documenting patient’s medical records.
- Assists in crisis situations.
- Provides ongoing emotional support to enable patient and family to adjust to limitations or disability.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to make contact (concurrently or retrospectively) with the patient’s payor source to provide clinical updates to secure approval (certification) for days of hospitalization.
- Documents insurance contacts properly.
- Facilitates proper resource management by assisting patients through the continuum of care in a timely manner.
- Performs the functions of the Patient Advocate to assist the patient and their family in resolving conflicts or concerns.
- Adheres to hospital policies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org