$20k Sign-on Bonus Post Surgical Unit (PSU) Med/Surg Stepdown Charge RN 7a-7p
The RN has the responsibility to plan, direct, organize, coordinate, and implement all nursing care services for the Post-surgical and Medical patients in a manner suitable to accepted standards of care. He/she ensures the highest quality and safe delivery of patient care and maintains compliance with professional nursing organizations such as TJC and all Federal and State standards of care. The RN cares for all ages, from 1 year to geriatric. This position is assigned to respond to patients presenting to the facility with a healthcare need, obtaining Medical Screening Exam as delegated by the Medical Executive Committee.
- Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing
- RN, current in the State of Texas
- Preferred 2 years experience as an RN in a hospital Med/Surg ICU or Stepdown (PCU) unit
- Telemetry preferred
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS (offered at the facility if not currently certified)
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment, utilizing critical thinking skills
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet the needs of patients and the unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Performs direct patient care within the scope of the RN practice act and according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill level necessary to assess patient’s psychosocial, educational, and physical needs, as well as the ability to address these needs in an age-appropriate manner in the pediatric, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric patient population.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to emergencies.
- Develops and prioritizes plan of care to attain measurable goals.
- Identifies educational needs, implements and evaluates learning, and documents patient/family education.
- Manages acute and chronic pain in all patients, especially post-procedure or surgical patients, to assist in alleviating suffering and improving healing.
- Delivers medication based upon continual assessment, safety, and evaluation of patient response.
- Responds to patients presenting to the hospital with healthcare need and perform MSE, following policies and procedures for follow-up.
- Follows all documentation policies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com