Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
Pre-Op RN – Perioperative Services – PT Variable
The RN has the responsibility to plan, direct organize, coordinate, and implement all nursing care services for the pre-op patients in a manner suitable to accepted standards of care. He / she ensures the highest quality and safe delivery of patient care maintains compliance with professional nursing TJC, and all Federal and State standards of care. The RN cares for all ages from pediatric to geriatric.
- Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing.
- At least 3 years experience as an RN.
- RN, current in the State of Texas
- ACLS, PALS
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet needs of patients and unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Performs direct patient care within scope of RN practice act and according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill level necessary to assess patient’s psychosocial, educational and physical needs, as well as the ability to address these needs in an age appropriate manner in the pediatric, adolescent, adult and / or geriatric patient population.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Develops and prioritizes plan of care to attain measurable goals.
- Identifies educational needs, implements and evaluates learning and documents patient / family education.
- Manages acute and chronic pain on all patients but especially post procedure or surgical patients to assist in alleviating suffering and improving healing.
- Delivers medication based upon continual assessment, safety, and evaluation of patient response.
- Responds to patients presenting to hospital with healthcare need and perform triage, follows policies and procedures for follow-up.
- Follows all documentation policies.
- Utilizes MediTech system for registering a patient as needed, entering orders, and discharging patients.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org