$20,000 Sign-On Bonus Post Surgical Unit (PSU) Med/Surg Registered Nurse (RN) FT 7:00p – 7:00a
The RN has the responsibility to plan, direct organize, coordinate and implement all nursing care services for the Post-surgical and Medical patients in a manner suitable to accepted standards of care. He / she ensures the highest quality and safe delivery of patient care maintain compliance with professional nursing organizations such as TJC, and all Federal and State standards of care. The RN cares for all ages from 1 year to geriatric. This position is assigned to respond to patients presenting to the facility with a healthcare need, obtaining the Medical Screening Exam as delegated by the Medical Executive Committee.
- Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing
- RN, current in the State of Texas
- Preferred 2 years’ experience as a RN in hospital Med/Surg unit
- Telemetry preferred
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS (offered at facility if not currently certified)
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment, utilizing critical thinking skills
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet needs of patients and unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Performs direct patient care within scope of RN practice act and according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill level necessary to assess patient’s psychosocial, educational and physical needs, as well as the ability to address these needs in an age appropriate manner in the pediatric, adolescent, adult and / or geriatric patient population.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Develops and prioritizes plan of care to attain measurable goals.
- Identifies educational needs, implements and evaluates learning and documents patient / family education.
- Manages acute and chronic pain on all patients but especially post procedure or surgical patients to assist in alleviating suffering and improving healing.
- Delivers medication based upon continual assessment, safety, and evaluation of patient response.
- Responds to patients presenting to hospital with healthcare need and perform MSE, follows policies and procedures for follow-up.
- Follows all documentation policies.
- Utilizes MediTech system for registering a patient as needed, entering orders, discharging patients, and accessing drug monograms and information for EMR.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com