Pharmacy Tech FT Days M-F 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
Under the direct supervision of the Pharmacy Director or Pharmacist on duty, the Pharmacy Technician has primary responsibility for stocking daily anesthesia drug boxes, unit dose packaging, and floor stock maintenance, maintaining appropriate records and charges, and assisting in related activities as directed by Pharmacy Director or Pharmacist on duty.
· High school graduate. Hospital experience preferred; IV certification required.
· Current licensure from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy to practice as a Pharmacy Technician.
· Must have the mathematical ability to calculate dosages and amounts required.
· Makes rounds and delivers labeled medications, controlled substances, and pharmaceutical supplies.
· Monitors the accurate documentation on the Controlled Substances Administration Log in the patient care areas.
· Answers telephone and provides information as requested or refers questions to appropriate personnel.
· Generates labels and fills drug orders according to physicians’ orders.
· Refills medication carts with accuracy and exchanges medication cubicles as per schedule.
· Responsible for unit-dose packaging of the bulk medications into units of use and accurate documentation of the function.
· Fills drug replacement orders to various departments accurately and maintains par levels.
· Assists in checking and pricing all Direct and Wholesale Manufacturer drug orders.
· Returns drug credits to pharmacy stock.
· Assists in processing discharges and issuing credit, if necessary, on all returned drugs.
· Stocks shelves and notes any drugs that will be expiring or in need of ordering.
· Assists with the initiation, development, maintenance, and execution of rules and regulations pertaining to the professional policies set by the Pharmacy Department.
· Assists in keeping all work areas clean, neat, and orderly.
· Attains/maintains knowledge of the pharmacy computer system from the standpoint of a user of the system.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org