OR Anesthesia Tech FT
The Anesthesia Technician performs a variety of technical and supportive patient care tasks assisting the anesthesia provider and the circulating nurse with the administration of anesthesia, intubation and extubation of patients, patient positioning, and ensuring that adequate supplies in the appropriate volume are available as needed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Anesthesia Tech training, LVN license current for the state of Texas
- BLS required.
- Two years of experience as Anesthesia Tech is required.
- Good communication skills with physicians, staff, and patients.
- Understands operations of the anesthesia machine, monitors, C02 analyzers, and 02 sat analyzers
- Basic knowledge of Continuous Quality Improvement ideology
- Consults the Operating Room schedule to determine age-appropriate supply and equipment needs for procedures.
- Prepares anesthetizing locations for the indicated procedure, including setting up and calibrating monitoring devices, troubleshooting anesthesia equipment malfunctions, and routing non-functional equipment to the proper department for repair/replacement.
- Assists anesthesiologist and/or circulating nurse with patient care undergoing anesthesia.
- Is present to assist with assigned patient’s intubation, positioning, and extubation, keeping patient safety as a priority.
- Appropriately handles contaminated equipment and supplies. Cleans anesthesia machines, monitors, and equipment following procedures established by Infection Control.
- Proactively stocks cleans, and maintains all anesthesia supplies and equipment, including Operating rooms, emergency airway carts, and any other anesthesia supply location. Initiates order of supplies to maintain inventory at prescribed par levels.
- Knowledgeable in operating the anesthesia machine, monitors, C02 analyzers, and 02 saturation analyzers.
- Assists physician with insertion of invasive monitoring lines as needed.
- Manages timely turnover of anesthesia-related supplies between cases.
- Responsible for timely patient charges of anesthesia supplies
- Knowledgeable of asepsis theory and practice, manage workflow to reduce room traffic during procedures.
- Gives timely and effective handoff report at the end of shift.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve departmental and facility objectives and maintains good employee relations.
- May act as a role model for the orientation and training of new employees.
- May serve as instructor/facilitator of educational in-services for Surgical Services staff.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org