Operating Room Equipment Technician FT Days
Under the general supervision of the Director/Manager of Surgical Services and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Surgical Technician, the Equipment Technician is responsible for assisting with gathering and assembly of equipment, assisting with patient positioning as well as positioning and operation of HANA table, operating LASERs for surgical procedures, and maintenance of the equipment room. Possess the ability to perform periodic or situational duties as assigned by Team Leader. Assist Environmental Services with room turnovers. Assist in other areas of the department based on education, certifications, training, and competencies.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1 year of Clinical experience in an Operating Room environment is required.
- BLS required
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, sets up and maintains a sterile field for minor and major surgical procedures applying special knowledge of asepsis.
- Applies specialized knowledge of specialized instruments, equipment, and supplies utilized in the Operating Room.
- Organizes instruments, equipment, and supplies for easy access and maximum efficiency.
- Takes emergency calls as required.
- Follows appropriate guidelines for setting up sterile fields and instruments for designated procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of procedures performed in the Operating Room.
- Returns unused supplies to inventory daily.
- Applies principles of safety in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology required to assist in surgical procedures.
- Under the guidance of the Registered Nurse, determines appropriate priorities for activities based on
- work demand.
- Alert to the detection of errors in own work and the work of others with appropriate corrective actions
- Maintains own proficiency in performing position responsibilities through in-services, seminars, and
- other self-directed learning activities.
- Maintains awareness of hospital and departmental operational standards, which impact position
- Actively participates in the Department Quality Improvement Program.
- Utilizes Meditech to view OR big board, enter documentation regarding patient information, print preference cards & utilize instrument tray management program.
- Utilizes appropriate lines of accountability for the continuous improvement of quality.
- Communicates changes in physician preferences to Team Leader for revision to preference cards immediately when known.
- Follows policies and procedures for counts.
- Communicates with CS staff regarding instrument turnover, broken, missing, and/or damaged instruments.
- Communicates with board runner when leaving the department for any reason.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com