Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Frisco
Nursing House Supervisor / PRN, 7:00p – 7:00a, Varied
- The House Supervisor has the responsibility for assisting with the organization, directing and supervision of the nursing and hospital staff and activities in accordance with unit specific standards, Joint Commission, Medicare and all other applicable federal, state and local guidelines.
- The House Supervisor is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality through effective management of the activities of the total patient care services during assigned shift.
- In the absence of the Administrator and or designee, the House supervisor has the authority and the responsibility for administrative decisions and with appropriate notification of the Administrator on Call.
- Maintains patient flow management and bed control issues.
- Assisting with chart audits for regulatory agency compliance.
- Serves on various hospital committees.
- Participates in Grand Rounds with case Management
- Assists with patient transfers and MOT compliance
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 5 year experience in a hospital setting
- Current Texas Nursing License
- ACLS and PALS required within 30 days of employment
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Organization habits
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Ability to think critically to solve problems effectively
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Excellent teaching skills
- Basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com