Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
NICU RN PRN Days and Night Shifts Available
The RN is responsible for planning, directing, organizing, coordinating, and implementing all nursing care services for the newborn in a manner suitable to accepted standards of care. He/She ensures the highest quality and safe delivery of patient care to maintain compliance with professional nursing, The Joint Commission, and all Federal and State standards of care. The RN cares for all ages, from adolescents to middle adults.
- Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing.
- At least one year experience as an RN in the hospital setting on a neonatal unit.
- RN current in the State of Texas
- NRP required within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet the needs of patients and unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Performs direct patient care within scope of RN practice act and according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill level necessary to assess patient’s psychosocial, educational and physical needs, as well as the ability to address these needs in an age appropriate manner.
- Monitors lab values and reports abnormal or critical values per policy.
- Communicates patient status to oncoming nurse utilizing the SHARE format.
- Responds to patients presenting to the hospital with compassion, consideration, respect at all times.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Develops and prioritizes plan of care to attain measurable goals. Care plans should be updated every shift and as change in condition warrants.
- Identifies educational needs, implements and evaluates learning and documents patient / family education.
- Manages acute and chronic pain on all patients using pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions to assist in alleviating suffering and improving healing.
- Delivers medication based upon continual assessment, safety, and evaluation of patient response.
- Assists new mothers with breastfeeding per established policies and protocols.
- Follows all documentation policies utilizing the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Utilizes electronic medical record for registering patient if needed, printing of lab reports, entering orders, and discharging patients.
- Utilizes appropriate referral resources as needed.
- Maintains patient safety and security utilizing the HUGS system and infant abduction prevention policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates ability to operate various equipment needed for care of the patient, knowledge of care of equipment, and understanding of method to report damaged/non-working equipment.
- Completes all mandatory departmental and hospital wide education in a timely manner.
- Utilizes the chain of command for patient concerns as well as personal concerns.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com