Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
Labor and Delivery RN Full-time – Nights
The RN is responsible for planning, directing, organizing, coordinating, and implementing all nursing care services for the labor, delivery, and recovery patients in a manner suitable to accepted standards of care. The RN ensures the highest quality and safe delivery of patient care to maintain compliance with professional nursing, the Joint Commission, and all Federal and State standards of care. The RN cares for all ages, from adolescents to middle adults.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- At least one year experience as an RN in a hospital setting on an L/D unit.
- GNs will be considered for an L&D internship on a case-by-case basis.
- RN licensure, current in the State of Texas
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification is required within 90 days of employment and before completing orientation.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required within 90 days of employment and prior to completing orientation.
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet needs of patients and unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Performs direct patient care within scope of RN practice act and according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill level necessary to assess patient’s psychosocial, educational and physical needs, as well as the ability to address these needs in an age-appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates ability to perform maternal/fetal monitoring, assessment and interpretation of such.
- Monitors lab values and reports abnormal or critical values per policy.
- Capable of assisting with monitoring patients requiring anesthesia including epidurals, general and locals.
- Communicates patient status to oncoming nurse utilizing the SHARE format. Report should be given at the bedside in order for the patient to participate in their care.
- Responds to patients presenting to the hospital with compassion, consideration, respect at all times.
- Understands and follows the hospital policies in regard to EMTALA, triage of the OB patient, and MSE.
- Responds quickly and appropriately to emergency situations.
- Develops and prioritizes plan of care to attain measurable goals. Care plans should be updated on a daily basis.
- Identifies educational needs, implements and evaluates learning and documents patient / family education.
- Manages acute and chronic pain on all patients using pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions to assist in alleviating suffering and improving healing.
- Delivers medication based upon continual assessment, safety, and evaluation of patient response.
- Assists new mothers with breastfeeding per established policies and protocols.
- Follows all documentation policies utilizing the GE Centricity Perinatal System.
- Utilizes Meditech system for documentation of care, printing of lab reports, entering orders, discharging patients, and accessing drug monograms and information for EMR.
- Utilizes appropriate referral resources as needed.
- Maintains patient safety and security utilizing the HUGS system, and infant abduction prevention policy and procedure.
- Demonstrates ability to operate various equipment needed for care of the patient.
- Completes all mandatory departmental and hospital wide education in a timely manner.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com