Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Frisco
Lactation Consultant / Full-time, 7:00p – 7:00a, Varied
The Certified Lactation Consultant is skilled in assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation to assist the breastfeeding mother to attain her individual goals. The Lactation Consultant functions as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team as a consultant, educator, mentor to nurses and healthcare professionals, and patients. Works collaboratively with all members of the Women’s Center to develop feeding plans for the normal newborn, preterm infant, and complex feeding conditions resulting in resolution to inpatient breastfeeding problems. Utilizes current lactation theories and research to develop evidence based feeding plans that address individual feeding issues/goals. Assist with planning and development of ongoing staff education and orientation. Assist with unit acquisition of equipment and supplies. Assist with development and maintenance of breastfeeding rentals and product sales. Assist with development, review, and revision of hospital policies, care plans, and patient literature which relate to breastfeeding.
Develop and revise a charting system for documentation, teaching, and progress notes. Assist with development of future lactation department services: telephone support; outpatient clinics; employee lactation program. Maintain statistics to assess the effectiveness of IBCLC services. Consistently demonstrates behaviors that model the hospital’s mission, vision, and facility goals
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or included in education plan.
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience in Women’s Services
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience in Lactation Services (recommended)
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledgeable Joint Commission rules, regulations and standards
- Ability to make independent sound nursing decisions
- Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com