Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Frisco
Labor and Delivery (L&D) RN / PRN, 6:45p – 7:15a, Varied
The RN has the responsibility to, plan, direct, organize, coordinate and implement all nursing care services for the labor, delivery, and recovery patient in a manner suitable to accepted standards of care. The RN ensures the highest quality and safe delivery of patient care to maintain compliance with professional nursing, Joint Commission, and all Federal and State standards of care. The RN cares for all ages from adolescent to middle adults.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- At least 1 year experience as a RN in hospital setting on an L/D unit.
- GN’s will be considered for an L&D internship on a case by case basis.
- RN licensure, current in the State of Texas
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) certification required within 90 days of employment and prior to completing orientaiton.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required within 90 days of employment and prior to completing orientation
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet needs of patients and unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.