Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Frisco
IS Technician / Full-time, Days, 6:30am – 3:00pm Mon – Fri
The IS Technician is responsible for the daily task involved in processing Helpdesk and Desktop service requests. Activities include:
- Receive Requests, ticket creation, problem triage, prioritization, research, trouble shooting, resolution or escalation, documentation, follow-up and ticket closure.
- Resolves user issues in a timely manner (access, connectivity, settings, application issues, etc. with in-house and 3rd party software).
- Maintains, repairs, and/or rebuilds computers, printers, phones, and other computer-related equipment.
- Installs hardware and software upgrades and manages IDs and permissions across the environment.
- Provides one-on-one computer training to employees.
- Shows good choice of action through common sense, keen troubleshooting skills, knowledge, experience, and the ability to handle the usual as well as the unusual job events with minimal assistance from others.
- Assumes full ownership of problem resolution, status, and tracking using the helpdesk ticketing system.
- Performs limited Network Administration, Application Support, and Server Support.
- Monitors inventory.
- Performs data entry as required.
- Consistently demonstrates internal and external quality customer service standards to all that request assistance, responding in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- 3+ years of technical help desk experiences within IT is preferred
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Applications (MS Office, Outlook, Edge, Windows 10). Understanding of printer and network troubleshooting (TCP/IP and Windows networking configuration)
- Understanding of Internet connectivity (DHCP, DNS, WINS, and Wireless)
- Understanding of PBX and phone system programming would be preferred but not required
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org