Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
Environmental Services Cleaning Attendant – Every other Weekend – 10:00 pm – 6:30 am
Under the supervision of the EVS Director, the Environment Attendant is responsible for caring for the hospital environment, including cleaning, sanitizing, trash removal, linen, and delivery. This individual performs various routine cleaning functions and assignments as directed by the EVS Lead or Director. The Environment Attendant maintains the hospital in a sanitary, attractive, and orderly condition based on the EVS standards included in the EVS Policy and Procedure Manual. Performed any other duties as assigned by the Environmental Services Director or Lead Tech.
- Completion of high school education or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and follow instructions in English.
- Hospital experience preferred but not necessary.
- Possess the ability to follow established EVS Policies and Procedures in performing daily tasks.
- Possess the ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks, including cleaning patient rooms, offices, rest rooms, providing floor care, porter linens and trash throughout the hospital, and detail cleaning.
- Must be able to keep all equipment in good working condition.
- Possess the ability to perform periodic or situational duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Must be able to write and understand the English language.
- Performs routine repetitive cleaning in areas assigned which may include, cleaning of patient rooms, facility offices, rest rooms, provide floor care, porter linens and trash throughout hospital, and performs detail cleaning.
- Follows established EVS Policy and Procedures in performing assigned daily tasks.
- Completes all related paperwork for duties as assigned.
- Reflects professionalism and pride in performance of duties.
- Works steadily and consistently. Continually strives to make the best use of time during the assigned shift through careful coordination of daily tasks, completes work left from previous shifts and reports all incomplete assignments to ensure continuity of procedures.
- Follows all EVS and Baylor Medical Center at Frisco attendance, break and meal period policies.
- Works as a team in completing EVS assignments and when working with other departments.
- Displays initiative to increase productivity.
- Responses appropriately and in an appropriate timeframe to hospital departments requesting EVS services.
- Always carries out STAT orders immediately.
- Seeks out work that needs to be done.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary and safe environment in all areas of the facility.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and universal precautions.
- Practices good hand washing techniques. Washes hands thoroughly throughout the day and washes hands as they enter and exit a room.
- Always obeys the hospital regulations for infection control.
- Performs other duties as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org