Charge Nurse/Surgical Services Board Runner – Full-Time
The Surgical Services Board Runner has responsibility for overseeing and facilitating staff following policies, procedures, industry standards of practice, JCAHO standards, and per the direction of the management team of Surgical Services. This individual assists in coordinating scrub and circulator roles and assists staff as needed. Overseeing the daily surgery schedule flow, problem-solving during the department’s day-to-day operation, and managing projects as assigned by the department’s management team.
- Graduate of an accredited school or professional nursing.
- A baccalaureate degree is preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in surgery
- Two (2) years experience as a service coordinator or charge position preferred.
- Current Texas RN License
- Certified in CPR
- Independent decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with staff and physicians.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise necessary to function as a circulator nurse. Assists with these responsibilities as needed, providing lunch and break relief.
- Works cooperatively with Director, Manager, and Educator to coordinate orientation plans for all new staff in the OR.
- Provides input for evaluation of employees to the Manager.
- Facilitates room turnovers and assists as necessary.
- Provides assistance and direction to scheduling secretaries as needed. Understands the scheduling process.
- Makes daily staff assignments in collaboration with Manager/Director, is proactive in assessing personnel needs, and ensures staff coverage of cases.
- Holds daily morning report with staff to facilitate communication in the department and seeks input for agenda from Director/Manager.
- Facilitates assignment/schedule changes as needs change during daily operations in collaboration with the Manager.
- Proactively covers late cases utilizing call and volunteer staffing.
- Serves as a role model and resource for policy compliance.
- Is proactive in physician communication, apprising physicians of delays, facilitating case throughput, and providing service recovery.
- Communicate issues/concerns of both staff and physicians promptly and appropriately to the Director and Manager.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks.
- Carries out job duties productively and efficiently.
- Communicates with staff appropriately and professionally.
- All other duties as assigned by Director and/or Manager.
- Age Appropriate:
- Assigns tasks based on age-specific competency of staff.
- Accountable for safety issues regarding patients.
Choose OPERATING ROOM – SURGICAL SERVICES on the application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com