$15,000 Sign-On Bonus Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Program Coordinator FT Days
The CST Program Coordinator collaborates with the Surgical Services Team to develop and implement education for scrub technicians. As the Coordinator, the CST will facilitate the orientation of new CSTs to the unit and assist with the competency validation of the CST staff. The Coordinator will train new surgical technician graduates and prepare them for certification testing. The Coordinator will serve as a facilitator for CST students. They will also work with the Surgical Services Team to support CST staffing decisions. The Coordinator shall demonstrate CST competency in all hospital service lines and support staffing for case volume as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology Program.
- A minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in an Operating Room environment is desired.
- Certified as an Operating Surgical Technologist required.
- BLS required
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, sets up and maintains a sterile field for minor and major surgical procedures applying special knowledge of asepsis.
- Applies specialized knowledge of specialized instruments, equipment, and supplies utilized in the Operating Room.
- Organizes instruments, equipment, and supplies for easy access and maximum efficiency.
- Takes emergency calls as required.
- Follows appropriate guidelines for setting up sterile fields and instruments for designated procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of procedures performed in the Operating Room.
- Returns unused supplies to inventory daily.
- Applies principles of safety in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology required to assist in surgical procedures.
- Under the guidance of the Registered Nurse, determines appropriate priorities for activities based on work demand.
- Maintains awareness of own limitations and seeks guidance from appropriate personnel.
- Alert to the detection of errors in own work and the work of others with appropriate corrective actions initiated
- Maintain proficiency in position responsibilities through in-services, seminars, and other self-directed learning activities.
- Maintains awareness of hospital and departmental operational standards, which impact position responsibilities.
- Actively participates in the Department Quality Improvement Program.
- Utilizes Meditech to view OR big board, enter documentation regarding patient information, print preference cards & utilize instrument tray management program.
- Utilizes appropriate lines of accountability for the continuous improvement of quality.
- Communicates changes in physician preferences to Team Leader for revision to preference cards immediately when known.
- Follows policies and procedures for counts.
- Communicates with CS staff regarding instrument turnover, broken, missing, and/or damaged instruments.
- Communicates with the board runner when leaving the department for any reason.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com