Center of Excellence Spine Coordinator FT Days
The Center of Excellence Coordinator collaborates with the Center of Excellence team, assisting in patient education classes and providing nursing support to the patients, families, staff, and physicians. The Coordinator will assist in implementing the continuous readiness of the Total Joint and Spine program through direct interactions in ongoing compliance activities. This includes participating in Physician team meetings, Joint Commission Team meetings and activities, and representing the Total Joint and Spine Center as needed. Monitors quality standards as determined by the Performance Improvement Plan, The Joint Commission standards, and other regulatory agencies. This role assists the Center of Excellence Director with report generation and review, process improvement, staff education, and patient satisfaction.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current Texas RN license required, BSN preferred.
- Minimum experience of 3-5 years as an orthopedic nurse is required, spine experience preferred
- BLS required
- Excellent Communication skills are required.
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing situations and various personalities with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently; working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred; willingness to learn computer applications necessary for work functions.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and organization of the Total Joint & Spine Program.
- Work effectively and efficiently with the Total Joint and Spine Surgeons and Center of Excellence Manager.
- Round on total joint and/or spine patients.
- Act as a liaison between patients, nurses, and physicians to facilitate patient care.
- Coordinate with Social Work and Physical Therapy for patient needs.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for completion.
- Deals with job stress effectively by continuing to be productive during peak workload situations.
- Demonstrates a positive “FRED” attitude about all duties performed.
- Work to help accurately collect and maintain data for the Center of Excellence scorecards related to performance improvement.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding, and application of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates sound judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
- Assist with pre-operative and ongoing patient education for spine and total joint patients.
- Help educate hospital staff on the Center of Excellence programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org