Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Frisco
Center of Excellence Bariatric RN Data Abstractor / Full-time, 8:00a – 5:00p, Monday – Friday
Assist in entering data for the COE department. Core measures are a set of care standards, required by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and The Joint Commission (TJC), which describe the care to be provided to our patients while in the hospital. These care standards have been shown to improve patient outcomes. Collect and submit accurate, complete, and timely data to the MBSAQIP Data Registry Platform with 100% of metabolic and bariatric procedures performed. Participate in program teleconferences and data compilation for audits and re-accreditation site visits.
The candidate will review the hospital’s medical record and abstract the appropriate data elements associated with the measure. Abstractions are entered into specified data collection application(s). This position requires a sound knowledge of the medical record and applicable clinical workflow.
Assist the COE department with educational classes, support groups, patient daily rounds and review of patient discharge instructions upon discharge.
Work closely with members of the Interdisciplinary teams to identify opportunities for quality improvement.
- LVN or TX RN preferred.
- 3 years experience in quality reporting programs.
- 3 years experience with core measure data collection.
- Successfully completes MBSCR on line training. Previous experience in database systems and hospital experience.
- Clinical Knowledge: Data collection and identification of areas for quality improvement requires clinical knowledge and understanding of patient care.
- Knowledge of measurement requirements.
- Use of the tools and techniques of continuously quality improvement and computer skills for data display.
- Attention to detail and follow-up necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, hospital staff and physicians.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and MBSAQIP Data Registry preferred; willingness to learn computer applications necessary for work functions; ability to adapt to changing situations and various personalities with a positive attitude.
- High School diploma and medical background, required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com