Baylor Scott and White Medical Center - Frisco
Business Office Pre-Certification / Scheduling Specialist – Full-time, 8:00a – 5:00p, Mon – Fri
Responsibilities include updating patient demographic information, verifying insurance benefits, and obtaining authorization/precertification as needed. Responsibilities also include determining and notifying patients in advance of upfront collections. Responsible for the scheduling of surgical & imaging procedures, entering all procedure charges, confirming Meditech dictionaries are up to date and general clerical work within the Department.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- One year previous experience in hospital insurance pre-certification or scheduling of surgical and imaging procedures required.
- Must have the skills necessary to operate the office equipment required to fulfill job duties.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Forty-five (45) wpm typing skills required.
- Medical terminology and computer experience beneficial.
- Must be able to work closely with and communicate effectively with physician offices and surgical operations.
- Must have have good organizational skills and be able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledgeable of insurance benefits terminology.
- Excellent phone skills required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org