Baylor Scott and White Medical Center Frisco
**$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS** OR Robotic CST / Full-time, Mon – Fri
The Team Lead has the responsibility to coordinate all activities related to that specific service line. Including but not limited to being a liaison between Management and surgeons. Adheres to AORN standards to ensure patient safety. The Team Leader facilitates patient flow throughout department and reevaluates service line needs, conducts in-services, and acts as a preceptor / Facilitates orientation of new staff.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology Program.
- Minimum >5 years clinical experience in Operating Room environment desired.
- Certified as an Operating Surgical Technologist required.
- BLS required
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics
- Good PC skills, especially MS Excel
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Supports manager in all operational issues
- Manages inventories, updates Doctor Preference card in a timely manner, reviews par levels, keeps detailed records of inventory use and not used, keeps track of high dollar implants and notes expiration date and advise materials on ordering where necessary
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks, provides feedback, mentors new CST. Gives feedback to manager
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance
- Communicates changes to Doctor Preference Card to team members
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to standards of practice, CMS/TJC regulations
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations
- Generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about service line performance
- Provides quality customer service, including interacting with Surgeons, Staff, and SPD, answering customer enquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
- Effective Decision-making skills
- Keeps leadership team abreast with problems and solutions for correction
- Contributes information to manager during budgetary process
- Analyzes procedural packs to ensure 95% utilization is achieved
- Key contributor in Lean Process. Effectively manages waste and ensures cost savings
- Core member of Operating Room leadership team
- Works collaboratively with OR Educator to ensure all staff have core competency and maintaining skills
- 70% Clinical
- 30% Administrative
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org