OR Certified Surgical Technician (CST) Scrub Tech / FT $15,000 sign-on bonus
Under the general supervision of the Director of Surgical Services, and the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Technician is responsible for providing surgical scrub on all types of minor and major surgical procedures dependent on individual competence.
- Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology Program.
- Certified as an Operating Surgical Technologist required
- BLS required
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience in Operating Room environment desired
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse, sets up and maintains a sterile field for minor and major surgical procedures applying special knowledge of asepsis.
- Applies specialized knowledge of specialized instruments, equipment, and supplies utilized in the Operating Room.
- Organizes instruments, equipment, and supplies for easy access and maximum efficiency.
- Takes emergency calls as required.
- Follows appropriate guidelines for setting up sterile fields and instruments for designated procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of procedures performed in the Operating Room.
- Returns unused supplies to inventory daily.
- Applies principles of safety in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Applies basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology required to assist in surgical procedures.
- Under the guidance of the Registered Nurse, determines appropriate priorities for activities based on work demand.
- Maintains awareness of own limitations and seeks guidance from appropriate personnel.
- Alert to the detection of errors in own work and the work of others with appropriate corrective actions initiated
- Maintain proficiency in position responsibilities through in-services, seminars, and other self-directed learning activities.
- Maintains awareness of hospital and departmental operational standards, which impact position responsibilities.
- Actively participates in the Department Quality Improvement Program.
- Utilizes Meditech to view OR big board, enter documentation regarding patient information, print preference cards & utilize instrument tray management program.
- Utilizes appropriate lines of accountability for the continuous improvement of quality.
- Communicates changes in physician preferences to Team Leader for revision to preference cards immediately when known.
- Follows policies and procedures for counts.
- Communicates with CS staff regarding instrument turnover, broken, missing, and/or damaged instruments.
- Communicates with board runner when leaving the department, for any reason.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org