Seasonal OR RN $80/hour
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum one year previous OR experience preferred
- Current Texas License as a Registered Nurse
- BLS required
- Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, families, physicians, and employees.
- Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to operating room nurse.
Seasonal RN - OR Surgical Services
Commitment: 13 weeks
Seasonal RN Rate: $80.00 per hour
Completion Bonus: $2,000
- Completion bonus is to be paid after completing 13 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per the 13-week commitment.
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required for each 4-week schedule period.
- During the 13-week period, the employee must work one (1) holiday shift (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401k.
- Current Baylor Frisco FT/PT employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program.
- Current USPI employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program.
POSITION SUMMARY AND DUTIES:
Surgical Registered Nurse is responsible for the nursing activities related to care of the patient experiencing an operative or other invasive procedure. The Registered Nurse is a resource person and provides guidance to non-licensed personnel. The staff member can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from 1 month through adolescence. The attached criteria based performance evaluation provides a specific set of standards as they relate to age specific competency